Tishomingo, Oklahoma is a quaint little city that is rich in history and natural beauty. Full of southern hospitality, you will feel welcomed the minute you enter the town. Tishomingo was named in the honor of the Chickasaw Chief, Tishominko, and you can still see that the town has preserved its native roots throughout the years. There are endless things to do in Tishomingo, OK. From outdoor activities, shopping, museums, and entertainment, Tishomingo has something everyone can enjoy. Whether you are just visiting Tishomingo for the day or planning a vacation getaway, here are some ideas to help you plan your trip.1. One of the town’s main attractions is Miranda Lambert’s boutique, The Pink Pistol. The store is located on Main Street and was opened in 2012. You can find one-of-a-kind clothing, purses, jewelry, and other merchandise. Miranda Lambert also has a bed and breakfast located in Tishomingo, The Ladysmith. The interior is described as shabby chic, sassy, and rock ‘n’ roll.
2. Visit the Chickasaw Council House Museum that is full of Tishomingo history. Visitors can see a wide range of books, artwork, jewelry, and souvenirs. Admission to the museum is free and open to the public Tuesdays-Saturdays.
3. For outdoor enthusiasts there are many outdoor activities to choose from in Tishomingo. Visit the Tishomingo National Wildlife Refuge where you can hike, fish, take photographs, and bird watch. The Blue River Public Fishing and Hunting Area is another wonderful scenic attraction for campers, fishing, and hunting.
4. Visit Lake Texoma, one of the largest reservoirs in the United States. It is located on the Red River between Oklahoma and Texas. The Lake attracts approximately 6 million visitors a year.
5. Plan a tee time at the Tishomingo Golf Course. It features 9 holes and 3,187 yards of golf. This golf course is open to the public and is located alongside Pennington Creek.
6. Watch a movie at The Indie Cinema located right in the heard of Tishomingo. It is a single screen venue that offers 146 seats, as well as full digital projection and sound system.
For more information for things to do in Tishomingo, Oklahoma and the surrounding cities check out this website.